Welcome to our Governing Body space which will provide you with additional information regarding the work we do as part of Trellech Primary School.
What is our role?
- We play a strategic role in school to provide future direction and guidance.
- We have a responsibility for developing and agreeing the school’s key strategic documentation, such as agreeing the priorities within the School Development Plan (SDP), and monitoring progress towards these priorities through self-evaluation processes (SER).
- We are responsible for overseeing the Annual Report to Parents and other statutory policies such as Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Admissions.
- We monitor all aspects of school life including curriculum delivery and innovation, standards attained by learners, quality of teaching and learning and the school’s finance.
- We have an important safeguarding and child protection role, and we help to define the aims and ethos of the school.
- We set the budget, maintain school premises and agree the staffing structure and resourcing.
- We act as a critical friend to the Headteacher, challenging, monitoring and supporting the work of the school.
How do we work?
We meet once every half-term when we discuss key topics important for the school, like finances, policies, attendance etc. Additionally, we are assigned to different committees that meet regularly to work together on a variety of issues such as health & safety, staff appointments or teaching and learning. Following a panel or a committee meeting, reports are fed back to the next full meeting of the Governing Body.