Health and Wellbeing
Iechyd a Lles
What is Health and Well-being?
In Trellech Primary School learners are given opportunities to promote their health and emotional well-being and moral and spiritual development; to become active citizens and promote sustainable development and global citizenship.
We believe in the effective provision of Health and Well Being is an essential element in a balanced education. Equipping children and young people to be more personally effective, healthy and responsible; therefore, being more confident to engage in the processes of society and make decisions about their future.
As a school we recognise that in order to develop our physical health, experiences, mental health and emotional well-being positively some individuals will need some additional support through Thrive and ELSA, as well as through the day-to-day practices throughout the school as ACE Awareness Classrooms are embedded for all individuals.
At Trellech, through our whole school approach, we are enabling health and well-being to permeate all aspects of school life.
· To develop learners' self-esteem and a sense of personal responsibility
· To promote self-respect, respect for others and celebrate diversity
· To equip learners to live safe, healthy lives
· To prepare learners for the choices and opportunities of lifelong learning
· To empower learners to participate in their school and communities as active responsible citizens locally, nationally and globally
· To foster positive attitudes and behaviour towards the principles of sustainable development and global citizenship
· To prepare learners for the challenges, choices and responsibilities of work and adult life.
Mental Health And Wellbeing - Support network for Families
There are many organisations and resources that can be accessed to support the wellbeing of your family. Below are a number of links you may find useful:
Mental Health And Wellbeing-Support network for Pupils
Below are some websites and organisations that may be helpful for children and young people's mental health and wellbeing.
Below are a list of organisations and information services within our local area.
Family Sharing Session (Autumn 2023)
Please find the link below for the PPT that was shared during the afternoon for your information