Healthy cooked meals are prepared and cooked in the school kitchen by our experienced kitchen staff. The meals are nutritionally balanced and meet the Welsh Government's 'Appetite for Life' requirements. Each day children can choose from a hot meal, vegetarian option, or filled jacket potato. Special diets are available - please get in touch for further information. Allergen sheets are available, however should you child have any special dietary needs please do not hesitate to contact us so as we can meet to discuss their needs. A menu can be put together to suit your child’s individual requirements
During this school year, free school meals are available to all learners in Foundation Phase (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2). For KS2 pupils, meals cost £2.50 per day. All meals must be booked in advance via ParentPay.
Free school meals
Children whose parents/carers receive any of the following support payments may be entitled to receive free school meals
- Income Support.
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and their annual income does not exceed £16,190.
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit
How do I apply for free school meals?
Complete the online free school meals application form by clicking here.
The shared benefit service at Torfaen Council are dealing with free school meals on behalf of the Authority. You can view the full privacy notice here which will provide further details on how your information is managed.
The Shared Benefit Service can be contacted on 0300 456 3559 or emailed at email@example.com